If you are seeking a piece of Ontario History, this may be something you might consider. A few years ago I found an awesome collection of Silver Ore that was crafted into pendants from a local artisan.
These pieces were hand made many years ago and belonged to a private collection. They’ve never been worn. The silver ore comes from a mine that has long since been closed and these items are rare to find now. The outer edges of your stone are sterling silver and formed by electroplating. Electroplating is a beautiful way to add precious metals to a precious tone to give it an amazing look. The stone is carefully painted with thin layers of metal (copper) and then electricity is used to attract other precious metals (sterling silver).
Curious about the history of the Cobalt area:
- silver was discovered in the area in the early 1900s
- Cobalt was one of the largest silver producers in the world
- in 1911 silver production exceeded 900 tons
As far as healing properties, here are a few things silver is noted for:
- strengthens intuition and perception (listen to those inner voices for guidance)
- helps to enhance the healing powers of other crystals
- helps remove negative energy that’s bothering you
- Invites wealth and abundance to you
- Working with the Moon’s energies
- Do you read Tarot cards or other methods of divination? Silver can help strengthen psychic skills
- helps you to speak your mind more clearly
I’ve just lowered the prices from 80 down to the 60 range as well as I’m adding more items to this section over the next few days.
These are beautiful pieces of history to enjoy. Cheers!