A Quick Meditation Guide Using Crystals
I wish a had a magic wand that would allow me to say, “STRESS BE GONE!” and I could wave it and “WHOMP!” I’d feel the anxiety, worry and stress wash away from me.
Sadly, I’ve not created that yet. But I can get close with the use of healing crystals. It’s not an instant fix. Healing emotions takes work and intention to make the changes you seek. Crystals partner with those intentions to allow you to work with their energies to find a sense of balance and calm.
So how do I do that???? You might be asking.
First, you need to discover a crystal. There are SO many out there, so it can be daunting at times to be able to pick the right one. If you don’t already have a favourite book or website you use, feel free to check out my site at Wicked Stones where I have a list of healing crystals and their healing properties. Read up on the healing properties and see how you feel inside. Is there a type of stone or a colour that is calling to you? That just feels right? Then follow that path to see where it leads.
Once you have your crystal, it’s time to work with it. I’m jumping ahead a few steps here as there are going to be more posts on how to cleanse your gemstones and connect with it. An effective way of dealing with stressful situations, moods and situations, is to use breathing techniques for calmness while having your crystal with you. You may be wearing it around your neck or holding it in the palm of your hands. It depends on your unique crystal. Find a quiet place that you can sit and spend time alone without being disturbed for a period of time.
Steps for calming your thoughts:
- Find a place where there are few distractions – you can even choose to go to your car if you have one just to find a bit of peace.
- Turn off or mute your phone. Don’t worry, it wont be for long.
- Hold your crystal in the palm of your hand OR if it’s a jewelry piece, ensure you are touching it.
- Find a comfortable position.
- Take a few moments to bring about a state of relaxation by taking a deep breath through your nose, expanding your lungs and diaphragm.
- Hold the breath for a few seconds.
- Slowly exhale through your mouth. Do this several times until you feel relaxed.
- As you are breathing, allow the energy from the crystal to align with you and give you a touch point to focus on.
- Feel the stone’s energy (calming flows, soothing, stability or whatever the crystal you are using helps you with). Allow it to align with your intentions as you breathe in and out. For worry, anxiety and stress, allow the crystal’s calming vibrations to flow through you and release the negative energy.
- Continue to breathe and visualize this calm energy flowing through you.
- If you sense negative energy coming to the surface in your thoughts, try to visualize this energy as a colour or shape and allow it to flow out of you and gently into the ground. Give it time to flow from you as you no longer need it to support your intention of peace.
- Try to do this for at least five minutes to release tension.
- When you are done, take a moment to rest before getting up. Too quickly, and your balance may be off. Open your eyes and bring your breathing back to normal.
- A quick tip to help restore balance before standing up, is to put the palms of your hand on the ground and release the energy you have been working with and say “thank you for your help.” Think of tree roots and how they reach into the ground and allow anything excess you don’t need to support you in your calmer mood, to go back to the earth.
- Wait until you feel a bit more alert and ready to continue on with your day.
You can find peace. You can embrace serenity and calm. Release that which no longer is helping you.